Sunday, August 16, 2015

Abrams, Party Of 5?!

No I'm not pregnant but I wish I was.  For as long as I can remember I've wanted a big family and Chris & I have always been on the same page with that. Don't worry, we don't want to be the next Duggar family but more than 2 was defiantly something we imagined for our family. Hunter was diagnosed and I found out my chance of having another LCHAD  baby was 1 in 4, one in FOUR! How could I ever have more kids? One sick kid was more then I ever thought I could handle.... then Alexis was diagnosed. How could I ever handle TWO kids with this disease.  At one of our appointments with our geneticist she talked about "family planning" and I found out IVF was an option.  To me at the time IVF was our only option. Going the IVF route would mean they would test our embyros for LCHAD prior to the transfer. I had good insurance that covered IVF 100% for infertility, I thought getting insurance to cover this for me would be a walk in the park.  BOY, WAS I WRONG.  We have been going Shady Grove since March to have a ton of tests and blood work done to find out everything is in working order and I should be able to get pregnant no problem. Great, I knew that already. So here we are at that point where we can actually get started.... and insurance still hasn't approved it! Or is it that shady grove hasn't submitted for pre-authorization? Depends on the day and who I talk to which is the case...  I am heartbroken to put it lightly.

I was pretty vocal about doing IVF in the future but haven't been vocal about the process already being started so I felt like I should update everyone. We don't know what we will do from here, I'm not against having another baby with the 1 in 4 chance but I'm also scared.  I have 2 healthy LCHAD kids, I might not be so luck with my 3rd LCHAD'er. It is a very personal decision. What's next for us? Will we ever be Abrams, party of 5? We honestly don't know.


I didn't make this post for a pity party it was simply to let those that care know what's been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment